Exciting Opportunity for Recent Engineering and STEM Graduates within Financial Services!
Become a part of fast-paced, growing fintech that empowers their clients with intuitive, customer-centric advice, guidance software and investment solutions!
Company: E Value – Financial Services
Role: Quality Assurance Engineer (Graduate)
Location: Newbury, UK (Hybrid role)
Salary: £25,000 – 30,000
Start Date: September 2022
This is a great opportunity for recent STEM graduates to join an innovative financial services firm, planning software solutions and delivering award-winning investment solutions!
Who is the company?
- Powered by a market-leading stochastic asset model, the company’s powerful calculations and strategic multi-asset allocations are used globally across the financial ecosystem by financial advisers, pension and platform providers, asset managers, banks and building societies.
- The company has been an independent organisation for over a decade, backed by a further 18 years of consulting experience within financial services.
- With over 70 talented specialists working across Newbury and London offices, EV pride themselves on attracting and developing the best talent.
What is the role?
- You will be testing new features against acceptance criteria to ensure they have been met, as well as testing around the acceptance criteria to ensure the feature is robust and fit for purpose.
- The successful candidate will be working and interacting daily with a cross functional team of Technical and Business Subject Matter Experts such as BA’s Proposition Experts and Developers. Alongside this, you will be providing input into estimations and retrospectives to help improve the delivery team.
- You will be creating and completing comprehensive test plans and test cases as well as writing and executing automated tests using Selenium framework.
- You will be responsible for raising and managing any defects or bugs identified during the test phase and liaising with the appropriate developers to resolve defects in a timely manner.
- The successful candidate will support the resolution of Service Desk Incidents and support queries directed to your channel.
Why should you apply?
- This is a great opportunity to start a career within a firm where their employee career progression and wellbeing is a top priority, and you will be encouraged to reach your full potential.
- You will be working within a multi-disciplined and highly collaborative team and will be a part of amazing training and friendly social culture.
- You will receive 25 days annual leave, bank holidays and the option to buy a further five days annual leave.
- You will be entitled to a generous company pension scheme, and discretionary bonuses.
- You will have access to fully qualified Mental Health First Aiders and long-term disability and Life insurance.
- The successful candidate will have access to fully funded company events and be able to join the company football and Table Tennis teams.
- The company offers the opportunity to support local charities.
Who is best suited to this role?
- You will have a degree in STEM related discipline (2:1 preferred).
- The ideal candidate will have a methodical mindset and logical thought process.
- You must demonstrate excellent attention to detail and the ability to communicate effectively.
- You must be a team-player and demonstrate the ability to work professionally and proactively in a team environment.
- The ideal candidate would be keen to develop an interest in the Financial Services industry, particularly in Financial Planning.
Click here to apply now!
It only takes 30 seconds to register your interest in these roles, and we’ll support you throughout the full application process. Our service and support is free!