This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the UK’s leading financial service firms in the providing of personal loans through partnerships!
Company: Lending Works
Role: Software Engineer
Start Date: ASAP
This is your opportunity to gain valuable experience within the technology team in a company that has created innovative lending solutions for their clients
Who is the company?
- Lending Works is the UK’s leading embedded finance provider. Using innovative technology, Lending Works enables partner firms to provide their consumer customers with access to credit products quickly and simply, resulting in a game-changing customer experience.
- Founded with strong values, Lending Works is passionate about making people’s lives better by providing simple and fair financial products. Since launching in 2014, individual and institutional investors have lent more than £200m to 30,000 creditworthy people via the Lending Works platform.
- Lending Works forecasts to grow to £1bn of loans per annum by 2025. The business has recently completed a private equity transaction and has a new principal shareholder that will fund and support their entire business plan.
What is the role?
- Develop, support and maintain software, enabling Lending Works to present an industry-leading customer experience to a rapidly growing customer base.
- To give you a full overview of the Technology team in the business, the first year of this role will involve three 4-month rotations across our engineering teams which will give you exposure to different projects and technologies.
- You will be working with technical leadership, product team and fellow engineers to refine requirements, plan and propose feasible, practical solutions.
Why should you apply?
- You will have the opportunity to work with a variety of different stakeholders including the founders, the senior leadership team members, other members of the technology team and many more.
- Lending Works have been listed in the Sunday Times Tech 100, Deloitte Fast50 and won many customer experience awards, including Moneyfacts and Moneywise.
- There will be opportunities to work both in office and at home within a hybrid working model.
There is also a fantastic benefits package that includes:
- Pension matched up to 5%
- Life Insurance
- Income Protection Insurance
- Private Health Insurance
- Subsidised Gym membership
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Yearly training budget
- Monthly socials sponsored by the company
Who is best suited to this role?
- You must have achieved or be on track to achieve a 2:1 from a top university in Computer science or related subjects.
- Someone with proven working ability in one or more of Python, NodeJS, Java/Kotlin or PHP, thriving on technically challenging work, with Practical hands-on experience developing software
- You must be curious and enthusiastic, motivated by opportunities to learn, grow and make a difference in their work, with a demonstrable aptitude for learning and applying new skills.
- The ideal candidate should be diligent and self-aware, understanding the impact they have on a team and how to maximise their contribution.
- You will be capable of drawing on research, experience, and other available resources to solve challenges as well as following established practices and methods, to deliver high-quality software that meets both commercial and technical objectives.
- Awareness and understanding of modern software engineering practices, being able to balance technical quality with delivery timeframes.
Click here to apply now!
It only takes 30 seconds to register your interest in these roles, and we’ll support you throughout the full application process. Our service and support is free!
Please note that Lending Works is unable to sponsor visas for applicants outside of the UK.