8-Week Summer Internship with the National Audit Office!
Calling candidates from ethnic minority and less-advantaged socioeconomic backgrounds who are eager to gain an insight into Accountancy and its use in the public services!
Duration: 8-Week Scheme
Location: London and Newcastle
Start Date: June 2022
Application Deadline: 13th March 2022
Click here to apply now!
The NAO is looking for penultimate year undergraduate students interested in starting their career in accountancy! You will gain an understanding of the NAO’s key work areas, develop core skills within a supportive team environment and be given the opportunity to make a real difference through your input into a range of unique projects. Interested? We’d love to hear from you!
Who is the National Audit Office (NAO)?
- The NAO is the UK’s independent public spending watchdog. They are an independent public body and their vital audit work adds value to the government by supporting its drive to improve the delivery of public services to millions of people every day.
- The NAO boasts an impressive client portfolio including high-profile government departments such as HMRC, NHS, BBC and Network Rail and they collaborate with clients to help improve crucial public services, which affect each and every one of us!
What is the role?
This exciting internship programme will provide you with:
- An invaluable insight into the NAO’s key work areas: Financial Audit and Value For Money (VfM).
- The opportunity to get involved in interesting projects and experience the importance of the work undertaken by the NAO.
- A supportive environment collaborating with a range of colleagues, expanding your professional network and shadowing auditors in their day-to-day work.
- Tasks to work on including undertaking crucial research and fieldwork for NAO’s audits and investigations.
- The opportunity to attend a range of tailored training courses about the government, assurance and you may get to visit Parliament (pending government pandemic guidelines!).
- You will receive a competitive pro-rated salary of £24,353 (London) and £21,752 (Newcastle).
- You will be offered 5 days Annual Leave.
- You will have the opportunity to partake in a Graduate Scheme Assessment Centre, which could, if you are successful, result in an offer to join the NAO!
- You will gain an excellent understanding of the skills needed to gain the prestigious and globally renowned ACA qualification.
Who is best suited to this role?
We are looking for candidates from diverse ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds
You must be:
- In your penultimate year of university!
- On track to achieve at least a 2:1 degree in any subject.
- Have achieved 120 UCAS points (or equivalent) from the 2017 tariff. If you have 104 UCAS points (or equivalent) you may also be eligible to apply.
- A UK National, National of Commonwealth countries who have the right to work in the UK, National from the EU, EEA or Switzerland with (or eligible for) status under the European Union Settlement Scheme (EUSS).
Please note, we are not able to sponsor work visas. Please contact us at email@example.com should you have any questions on your nationality eligibility.
- From any ethnic minority background OR
- Attended state secondary school AND received free school meals in secondary school
- Complete an online numerical test
- Complete competency questions
- Complete a strength and competency-based telephone interview
Click here to apply now!
It only takes 30 seconds to register your interest in these roles, and we’ll support you throughout the full application process. Our service and support is free!