8-Week Summer Internship with the NAO!
Calling driven candidates who are eager to gain an insight into Accountancy and its use in the public services!
Duration: 8-Week Scheme
Start Date: 17th June 2024
Application Deadline: 21st April
The NAO is looking for penultimate year students interested in starting their career in Accounting! You will gain an understanding of NAO’s key work areas – Financial Audit and Value for Money (VfM). If you would like to get involved in a range of interesting projects and make a difference, apply today!
Who is the company?
- The NAO is the UK’s independent public spending watchdog. They are an independent public body, and their vital audit work adds value to the government by supporting its drive to improve the delivery of public services to millions of people every day.
- The NAO boasts an impressive client portfolio including high-profile government departments, the NHS and BBC and they collaborate with clients to help improve crucial public services, which affect each and every one of us!
What is the role?
- You will have the opportunity to get involved in a range of interesting projects that will allow you to see the importance of the work NAO completes.
- You will work with different colleagues helping you to expand your professional network! The opportunity to also shadow auditors in their day-to-day work is included.
- Tasks you will work on include undertaking crucial research and fieldwork for NAO’s audits and investigations.
- You will have the opportunity to attend a range of exciting training courses about the government, assurance and you may get to visit Parliament.
Why should you apply?
- You will receive a competitive pro-rated salary of over £22,000.
- You will be offered 4.5 days Annual Leave.
- You will have the opportunity to partake in a Graduate Scheme Assessment Centre, which could if you are successful result in an offer!
- You will gain an excellent understanding of the skills needed to gain the prestigious and globally renowned ACA qualification.
Who is best suited to this role?
- You must be in your penultimate year of university!
- You must be on track to achieve at least a 1 degree in any subject.
- You must have achieved 120 UCAS points (or equivalent) from the 2017 tariff. If you have 104 UCAS points (or equivalent) you may also be eligible to apply.
- You must be interested in Financial Audit although you’ll have the opportunity to get involved with Value For Money (VfM) work
- Nationality Requirements:
- UK nationals
- Nationals of Commonwealth countries who have the right to work in the UK
- Nationals from the EU, EEA or Switzerland with (or eligible for) status under the European Union Settlement Scheme (EUSS)
Please note, we are not able to sponsor work visas. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions on your nationality eligibility.
*It only takes 30 seconds to register your interest in these roles, and we’ll support you throughout the full application process. Our service and support is free!