This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the UK’s leading financial service firms in the providing of personal loans through partnerships!
Company: Lending Works
Role: Decision Scientist
Start Date: ASAP
This is your opportunity to gain valuable experience within the analytics team in a company that has created innovative lending solutions for their clients
Who is the company?
- Lending Works is the UK’s leading embedded finance provider. Using innovative technology, Lending Works enables partner firms to provide their customers with access to credit products quickly and simply, resulting in a game-changing customer experience.
- Founded with strong values, Lending Works is passionate about making people’s lives better by providing simple and fair financial products. Since launching in 2014, individual and institutional investors have lent more than £200m to 30,000 creditworthy people via the Lending Works platform.
- Lending Works forecasts to grow to £1bn of loans per annum by 2025. Lending Works has recently completed a private equity transaction and has a new principal shareholder that will fund and support their entire business plan.
What is the role?
- Joining Lending Works growing Analytics team and using the latest technology stack, you will have an instant impact in delivering cutting edge data science and credit risk projects at a growing Fintech company. Working alongside experienced team members you will be responsible for:
- Modelling – building, implementing and maintaining models to address specific business challenges and drive improvement in business performance, working with business stakeholders to use advanced statistical analysis and modelling techniques to understand trends and provide recommendations.
- Apply data science techniques such as machine learning, deep learning and statistical analysis to support individual business need.
- Data engineering – analysing and creating data processes, you will develop comprehensive ETL workflows and collaborate with technology and other team members to deploy scalable solutions.
- Analysis –providing informative insight by interpreting the complex data in order to Scope out opportunities based on market trends, pricing modelling and sales funnel analytics, communicating findings to senior stakeholders.
- To give you a full overview of analytics in the business, the first year of this role will involve two 6-month rotations in data science, product and credit risk projects respectively. Whilst projects come in a variety of different shapes and sizes, work is likely to focus on loan performance, pricing, credit decisioning, customer acquisition, customer segmentation and financial transaction modelling.
Why should you apply?
- You will have the opportunity to work with a variety of different stakeholders including the founders, the senior leadership team members, other members of the analytics team and many more.
- Lending Works have been listed in the Sunday Times Tech 100, Deloitte Fast50 and won many customer experience awards, including Moneyfacts and Moneywise.
- There will be opportunities to work both in office and at home within a hybrid working model.
There is also a fantastic benefits package that includes:
- Pension matched up to 5%
- Life Insurance
- Income Protection Insurance
- Private Health Insurance
- Subsidised Gym membership
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Yearly training budget
- Monthly socials sponsored by the company
Who is best suited to this role?
- You must have achieved or be on track to achieve a 2:1 from a top university in an analytical degree such as mathematics, statistics, engineering, economics, computer science as well as an A in A-level mathematics (or equivalent)
- Someone with demonstrable programming ability in Python, R or equivalent.
- You must have strong analytical and numerical skills, as well as having the ability to learn quickly and take on new challenges.
- You must have a high degree of ownership, taking an organised and strategic approach to work.
- You must have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Someone Interested in the commercial drivers of the company and the wider market, including how Lending Works is positioned amongst its competitors.
Click here to apply now!
It only takes 30 seconds to register your interest in these roles, and we’ll support you throughout the full application process. Our service and support is free!
Please note that Lending Works is unable to sponsor visas for applicants outside of the UK.