Graduate Capital Markets at Lending Works
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the UK’s leading financial service firms in providing of personal loans through partnerships!
Company: Lending Works
Role: Capital Markets
Start Date: ASAP
In this role, reporting to the Head of Strategic Finance, you will be an integral part of the Capital Markets team contributing across the firm’s asset-liability / liquidity management and capital markets funding activities. The team is responsible for ensuring smooth operation and continuous development of its funding programs with various partners and is instrumental in successfully executing on the asset-liability strategy of the company.
Who is the company?
- Lending Works is the UK’s leading embedded finance provider. Using innovative technology, Lending Works enables partner firms to provide their consumer customers with access to credit products quickly and simply, resulting in a game-changing customer experience.
- Founded with strong values, Lending Works is passionate about making people’s lives better by providing simple and fair financial products. Since launching in 2014, individual and institutional investors have lent more than £200m to 30,000 creditworthy people via the Lending Works platform.
- Lending Works forecasts to grow to £1bn of loans per annum by 2025. Lending Works has recently completed a private equity transaction and has a new principal shareholder that will fund and support their entire business plan.
What is the role?
- Planning, structuring and execution of new funding facilities and ABS (securitisation) issuances, including the preparation and presentation of materials to lenders, investors and ratings agencies, the review and negotiation of legal documents as well as project management with various third parties
- Ongoing management and operation of structured funding facilities that involve the sizing and execution of regular funding draws from funding partners, daily/weekly management of cash and liquidity required to fund new lending to customers
- Responsible for internal and external reporting, including preparation of servicer/investor reports as well as responding to due-diligence and credit queries from lenders and investors
- Preparation of materials for monthly ALCO (Asset-Liability Committee)
- Development and management of a strategic asset-liability modelling and forecasting framework, including cashflow models for structured funding facilities and securitisations, and its effective integration with group wide financial modelling and associated management information/reporting
- Execution and management of the company’s interest rate risk management program (hedging)
Why should you apply?
- You will have the opportunity to work with a variety of different stakeholders including the founders, the senior leadership team members, including the COO, CFO and CRO as well as other members of the Capital Markets team and many more.
- Lending Works have been listed in the Sunday Times Tech 100, Deloitte Fast50 and won many customer experience awards, including Moneyfacts and Moneywise
- A great opportunity to work both from the office and at home!
There is also a fantastic benefits package that includes:
- Pension matched up to 5%
- Life Insurance
- Income Protection Insurance
- Private Health Insurance
- Subsidised Gym membership
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Yearly training budget
- Monthly socials sponsored by the company
Who is best suited to this role?
- Autonomous, adaptive, attentive to detail, diligent & thorough
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills with a preferably quantitative and/or business/finance related degree
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Strong MS Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Basic understanding of capital markets / investment banking and consumer lending products
- Programming language skills customary for financial modelling and data analysis, e.g., VBA or Python
- Familiarity with data analytics tools such as Tableau and AWS QuickSight