Exciting Opportunity for Recent STEM Graduates within Financial Services!
Become a part of fast-paced, growing fintech that empowers their clients with intuitive, customer-centric advice, guidance software and investment solutions!
Company: E Value– Financial Services
Role: Graduate Developer
Location: Newbury, UK (Hybrid role)
Salary: £25,000 – 30,000
Start Date: September 2022
This is a great opportunity for recent STEM graduates to join an innovative financial services firm, planning software solutions and delivering award-winning investment solutions!
Who is the company?
- Powered by a market-leading stochastic asset model, the company’s powerful calculations and strategic multi-asset allocations are used globally across the financial ecosystem by financial advisers, pension and platform providers, asset managers, banks and building societies.
- The company has been an independent organisation for over a decade, backed by a further 18 years of consulting experience within financial services.
- With over 70 talented specialists working across Newbury and London offices, EV pride themselves on attracting and developing the best talent.
What is the role?
- You will be working closely with senior developers while learning and growing within your role and discipline area. Part of your job will include learning and training to ensure you are across the latest trends and best practices, including DevOps, Agile, and Cloud Technologies.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the ongoing development, support, and maintenance of stochastic modelling solutions for the financial services industry.
- You will be working with senior members of the development team, Web Designers, Product Owners, and Actuarial Testers to develop and deploy EV SaaS web products.
- The ideal candidate will work with the team and deliver high quality, robust solutions on schedule using agile techniques such as Scrum, and Kanban.
Why should you apply?
- This is a great opportunity to start a career within a firm where their employee career progression and wellbeing is a top priority, and you will be encouraged to reach your full potential.
- You will be working within a multi-disciplined and highly collaborative team and will be a part of an amazing training and friendly social culture.
- You will receive 25 days annual leave, bank holidays and the option to buy a further five days annual leave.
- You will be entitled to a generous company pension scheme, and discretionary bonuses.
- You will have access to fully qualified Mental Health First Aiders and long-term disability and Life Insurance.
- The successful candidate will have access to fully funded company events and be able to join the company football and Table Tennis teams.
- The company offers the opportunity to support local charities.
Who is best suited to this role?
- You will have a degree in a STEM related discipline (2:1 preferred).
- The ideal candidate will have some programming experience in any language.
- You must be a team-player and a demonstrate the ability to solve both, complex and uncomplicated problems.
- You must demonstrate your enthusiasm and drive to be successful.
- The ideal candidate must demonstrate resilience and the ability to maintain a positive attitude under pressure.
Click here to apply now!
It only takes 30 seconds to register your interest in these roles, and we’ll support you throughout the full application process. Our service and support is free!