Company: London Gatwick Airport
Location: Horley, Gatwick
Role: Sustainability Graduate
Start Date: September 2024
Application Process: 1st stage screening call followed by an in person assessment centre in February 2024
Have you graduated in 2023 with a 2:1 or above (or projected for 2024) within Engineering, Geography Public Affairs or Science and do you have a passion for sustainability, and environmental issues?
What is the Programme?
In this 2-year programme you will be involved in live projects that deliver what matters. This role will be involved in a programme that provides opportunity to be a part of a variety of projects.
The Sustainability Graduate will support the advancement of Gatwick’s approach to Net Zero aircraft and surface access emissions.
Part of the programme will include a leadership development module with the other graduates and a dedicated coach (a senior leader from the business) who will help to build resilience in the workplace.
What will you do?
- Support the implementation of Gatwick’s Carbon Action Plan.
- Support engagement with Airport stakeholders on emissions reductions.
- Maintain an up-to-date picture of market developments, best practice, key technological developments, and academic research required to achieve Net Zero aviation (including: hydrogen, electric planes, Sustainable Aviation Fuel etc).
- Research and input into national policy development/responses related to sustainable aviation and sustainable surface access emissions.
- Support Gatwick’s approach to carbon offsetting.
- Support the development of Gatwick’s carbon footprint.
- Analyse carbon and air quality data to identify trends and hotspots for action.
- Support the Sustainability team on other ad-hoc initiatives, as required.
What will you gain?
- A competitive salary with a £2,000 welcome bonus, £500 flex allowance plus bonus & benefits. (25 Days annual leave + bank holidays, company pension scheme, free staff parking, private medical cover plus many more).
- A Leadership Development Programme that builds on your commercial awareness, sense of self, coaching skills and scope to grow your career further.
- An understanding of Aviation and its impact on the economy, including sustainability and commerciality.
- Commercial awareness across varied departments and projects.
- Experience working in an evolving area, research skills, policy development and project work as part of an inquisitive and dedicated team.
Do you have what we’re looking for?
- Minimum 2:1 degree in a relevant degree such as Geography, Engineering, Politics, Science (environmental modules preferable) (Graduated 2023 or projected for 2024)
- Highly numerate, with an understanding of data analysis translating data into actionable information.
- Ability to prioritise and work at pace.
- Ability to build good relationships and influence across the Airport.
- Creative, innovative, curious to find a better way.
- Enthusiastic, energetic, always trying to be your best self.
- Team working- you’ll enjoy working in a team environment, sharing ideas, and collaborating with colleagues as well as other graduates.
We prioritise the professional growth of our employees and provide opportunities for people to continue their journey through ongoing development and support along with a total reward package that recognises your contribution.
We are committed to reflecting the diversity of our local community and the passengers we serve. We value an environment where everyone feels comfortable, respected, and empowered to be their authentic selves. As an equitable, diverse, and inclusive employer, we encourage different perspectives that redefine what’s possible. Together, we form a strong and united team.
Does this sound like you? Join the adventure! Click apply and complete your application.
Make sure to select Sanctuary Graduates in the ‘How did you hear about us?’ section.