Sales Research Associate
Location: Wrotham Business Park, Barnet, Outskirts of North London
Salary: £35,000 – £40,000 depending on experience + Commission
Start Date: November 2023
Our client is seeking resilient graduates who are willing to work hard for
their Sales Research team. They provide technology consulting services for
leading investment banks, asset managers and hedge funds and is the perfect
place to kick-start your career in the Capital Markets technology industry with
excellent progression opportunities. You will be supported by senior
members, who all have extensive knowledge and experience in their field.
They are seeking serious individuals who display high levels of professionalism.
Who is the company?
- Our client is a Capital Markets technology consultancy, providing
niche services and products to sell-side and buy-side clients since
- With a focus on pricing and risk, Phi Partners brings the latest DEVops
thinking which specialise in specific vendor solutions ( Including
Summit, Sophis, Murex, Orchestrade, Front Arena, Adaptiv, and Active
Pivot),to the major capital markets Vendor Solutions.
- They maintain a base in the world’s most significant financial centres,
with headquarters in the City of London and a substantial nearshore
delivery capability in Bucharest, Romania. They are also active in key
financial centres around the globe including Toronto, Frankfurt and
- They are trusted by more than 60 financial institutions worldwide to
drive their capital markets technology transformation projects.
- The Management & Business Development Office is home to C-level
executives sat in the same room as the Research and Sales Teams.
This makes it the perfect environment for new graduates as it offers
unique mentorship opportunities, including oversight from an
experienced fintech CEO.
- Our client is currently entering an expansion phase following an
impressive record year of new business development which has allowed
increased headcount and R&D.
What is the role?
- Our client is seeking sales research associates to join their expanding
team. The role will involve extensive research of the Capital Markets
IT sector, from a client, technology and resourcing perspective.
- Your role will begin within the recruitment sector which will naturally
progress into the field of sales. Your role will involve identifying
potential candidates, recruiting individuals for Phi on a permanent or
contract basis to then contract them out to clients.
- Throughout your journey with the company, you will receive 3 months
intensive, on-the job training on recruitment, research and sales
- This will enable you to master a market from a resourcing and
business development perspective, which after some time will
develop into a vertical sales responsibility.
- After you have developed a strong sales skillset within their practice,
there will be a progression into a regional sales management role.
- Pursuing these lines of business will provide exposure to
decision-makers in some of the top financial institutions around the
world including Tier-1 Investment Banks, Development Banks and
- Working hours are Monday – Friday in office between 7:30am –
Why should you apply?
- Fantastic competitive salary with commission as well as excellent
perks after probation period including a free gym membership, private
medical insurance and a phone contract.
- Excellent progression opportunities with every employee gaining a
chance to become a partner of the business after long-term
commitment and employment within the company.
- Car allowance, stock options and further benefits available within
future growth opportunities.
- Their office is situated in an historic country park on the outskirts of
North London just 30 minutes from Central London and is surrounded
by 300 acres of parkland and lakes. The estate has been used to film
Vanity Fair, Agatha Christie’s Poirot and the Kingsman film series.
Who is best suited to this role?
- A degree in Economics, Finance or Accounting is ideal however
applications are open to degree holders from any background.
- You must have 1 to 2 years of experience in Sales or Recruitment. (Beneficial to be within IT consultancy however not essential)
- You must be a driven, hardworking and ambitious individual who can
display these qualities and has the potential to rapidly progress within
- You must be a resilient individual who can handle rejection whilst also
displaying high levels of professionalism.
- As a consultant, you need to have the stamina to progress through the
various stages of career development in a highly challenging and
- You must have the right attitude to hard work with punctuality and
organisation being key.
- You must be an organised individual with an excellent ability to
multitask, prioritise tasks efficiently and handle large workloads.
- You must display clarity of thought, as well as strong attention to
- You must be able to maintain high standards of accuracy and
demonstrate initiative & self-discipline.
- Languages of interest corresponding to growing markets at a native /
professional level would be French, but an excellent
command of the English language is the only essential language
Visa sponsorship is available.
It only takes 30 seconds to register your interest in these roles, and we’ll
support you throughout the full application process