Are you looking for a 12-month placement for 2021/22? Do you want real responsibility with the chance to influence the composition and production of household name coffee brands including Tassimo, Kenco, L’Or and Jacobs?
JDE is home to some of the most well-known coffee brands in the world. To date, their coffee and tea portfolio is available in over 140 countries and includes iconic household names such as Kenco, L’Or, Tassimo and Douwe Egberts. They’ve built their business on the belief that everyone deserves the coffee they love – no matter who you are, where you live or how you take it.
Company: Jacobs Douwe Egberts
Role: 12-month IT Year in Industry Placement
Salary: £18,500 + £1,000 sign-on bonus
Start Date: July 2021
Deadline: 15th April
Who is the company?
– JDE is a €5 billion global business with around 15,000 associates based in 28 different countries, selling their brands in over 100 different countries around the world.
– Formed in 2015, JDE retains a start-up feel containing some of the leading brands in the Coffee and Tea industry including – Kenco, L’OR, Tassimo and Douwe Egberts to name a few.
– JDE UK is headquartered in Banbury, Oxfordshire, which is one of JDE’s global ‘Power Plants’ responsible for producing 20,000 tonnes of coffee per year across 9 production lines.
– The UK represents a top 5 global market for JDE and continues to be a growth engine for the category, driving premiumisation by leading the single-serve partition with the Tassimo brand and premiumising the instant coffee segment through Kenco, L’OR and the Douwe Egberts brands.
– JDE believes amazing things can happen over a cup of coffee and with values including Entrepreneurship, Solidarity, Accountability, Simplicity and Discipline, working at JDE offers you an exciting opportunity to make an impact in the world’s largest pure play coffee company.
– JDE’s goal is simple but ambitious – a coffee for every cup.
“Everyone deserves the coffee they love.”
What is the role?
Role: Retail, IT
Subjects: IT Security, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, IT, Software Engineering
Day-to-day: The UK IT Industrial Placement supports the UK&I Cluster IT Team in ensuring that the day-to-day IT operations for end user services, local infrastructure and applications are aligned and meet business needs and are consistent with company values and the company’s business model.
The UK IT Industrial Placement supports the UK&I Cluster IT Team in ensuring that the day-to-day IT operations for end user services, local infrastructure and applications are aligned and meet business needs and are consistent with company values and the company’s business model.
Who is best suited to this role?
– We are looking for bright and enthusiastic students who can work well in a team and are willing to get stuck in.
– You must be an undergraduate looking for a 12-month Year in Industry placement from July 2021 to July 2022.
Why should you apply?
– Travel: JDE provides awesome opportunities to travel. Last year around half the placement students travelled abroad.
– Fantastic perks: 25 days holiday, free hot beverages (not just coffee!) and even Barista training!
– Student Charity Committee: Every Friday all the placement students get together for a fun charity meeting. Last year their charity work raised over £30,000 in total.
– Culture: At JDE they have a friendly, hands-on environment where everyone is encouraged to contribute, and all opinions are valued. There is also a strong mentoring programme and you will be periodically reporting to senior business stakeholders and interacting with other placement students.
– Corporate Social Responsibility: From sourcing ingredients responsibly with internationally recognised standards, to partnering directly with suppliers to improve working conditions and protect natural resources, and aiming to make all manufacturing sites landfill free by 2020, at JDE they are driven by their passion for coffee & tea, care for people and respect for the environment.
It only takes 30 seconds to register your interest in these roles, and we’ll support you throughout the full application process.