A leading Energy Trading Company is looking for outstanding graduates to join their elite team
Company: A leading Energy Trading Company
Role: Graduate Asset Trader
Start Date: Aug – Sep 2021
Interested in financial markets? Want to kick-start your career in trading? One of the largest Energy Trading Companies on the continuous market is looking for exceptional graduates to join them as Asset Traders. You must be confident, highly numerate and capable of excelling in a dynamic, fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
Who is the company?
- Our client is one of the largest energy trading companies, employing cutting-edge technologies and strategies to buy and sell power 24/7, 365 days a year.
- Established in 2015, they retain a start-up feel with a close-knit office environment, despite their rapid growth.
- They are hugely successful and experts in their market space – they’ve only ever recorded one day of losses in their 6 years!
- Not only does their work come with excellent financial reward, but they help to maintain a stable grid, efficient market and low cost to the consumer.
What is the role?
- As an Asset Trader, you will buy and sell power on behalf of a generating asset. You’ll speak constantly with clients as part of a team which often executes thousands of trades in a shift.
- You’ll work directly with the data scientists, interpreting models and harnessing cutting-edge tools to capitalise on opportunities.
- You’ll be provided with extensive in-house training and work closely with experienced traders to learn about energy markets, trading strategies and forecasting techniques.
- You’ll provide constructive feedback on tools and algorithms and contribute to the development of new trading strategies.
- Once you’ve been able to demonstrate your ability, you could transition into an Energy Trader role.
Why should you apply?
- With an office of around 20 people, you’ll work in a close and friendly environment, with regular socials including annual Ski Trip.
- You’ll be given extensive training and mentoring as you learn to execute numerous high-value trades every day.
- Once you’ve been able to prove yourself, you’ll have access to excellent career progression and incredible earning potential, including generous bonuses several times your salary.
- Benefits include flexible holidays with 30 days’ annual leave as well as private healthcare, dental care, income protection and life assurance.
Who is best suited to this role?
- You should have 2.1 or above in a STEM degree.
- You must be highly numerate with an intuitive understanding of probability (and able to pass their trader test!)
- You’ll have to have a great eye for patterns and quick mental arithmetic.
- You must be ambitious, driven and passionate about a successful career in trading.
- You should thrive in a high-pressure, meritocratic environment.
- You don’t need to have experience in this area of trading, but a demonstrable interest in the field.
Click here to apply now!
It only takes 30 seconds to register your interest in this role, and we’ll support you throughout the full application process. Our service and support is free!