13-week coding course with futureproof – Your future in tech starts here – 22nd February 2021 Start!
We’re delighted to introduce you to our partner, futureproof. They offer a free software engineering course, aiming to make careers in technology as accessible as possible.
Their 13-week intense bootcamp is designed to equip you with the knowledge and skills you need to become a job-ready junior software developer. They’re looking for curious graduates from all degree backgrounds to join them on 22nd February 2021. You don’t need experience, just a genuine interest in technology and a desire to learn, as well as the desire to work in technology once you complete the course. Applications to join their February cohort are now open – don’t miss this opportunity to fast-track your future in tech…
Locations: Central London
Training course: 13-week free coding course
Salary: Could result in a placement with starting salary of £30,000
Start Date: 22nd February 2021
Degrees Accepted: All degrees, however, there is a preference for Tech/STEM subjects
You can be from any degree background to apply for this scheme; however, you MUST have a passion for technology. We welcome applications from those who are looking for a career change and their 2nd job!
Who is the company?
– futureproof is a free coding school designed to empower the next generation of software engineers.
– Their greatest strength is their ability to help match students to companies they will thrive in.
– Their focus is on helping to place highly motivated individuals where they will do best.
What is the training course?
– Learning how to work in an agile environment, you’ll be taught the how, what and why of code.
– You’ll learn business skills so you can connect your code to the commercial realities of work.
– This intense course will utilise assignments, assessments and group projects and more to ensure you’re learning full stack web development effectively.
– After 13 weeks of learning to become a junior developer, there is potential to land a 2-year placement as a software engineer which futureproof will help you find.
– As part of your course, you’ll occasionally need to come into the training centre in Westminster for certain projects.
Why should you apply?
– It’s free – unlike some other routes, you pay no fees for your training and could land a job upon completion of the course.
– Personalised support – you’ll be supported by incredible teachers, industry experts, and an outstanding community of learners and alumni.
– Develop soft skills for the future – you’ll learn key skills including problem-solving, presentation techniques and resilience.
– Learn from the best – your teachers know what it takes to go from good to great and you’ll hear from industry-leading speakers, giving you a cutting-edge insight into the world of tech.
– Supercharge your CV – you’ll develop your skills as a software engineer with the potential of stepping straight into a role to launch your career in Technology.
Who is best suited to this role?
– You can be from any degree background to apply; however, they are looking for those with technical aptitude
– Those that are looking for a career change are particularly encouraged to apply
– We are looking for those that have spent a considerable amount of free time to understand coding basics, and used resources like udemy, freecodecamp & Codeacademy
– Resilience – not giving up at the first hurdle and being curious and resilient enough to push yourself in challenging scenarios
– Commitment – as an intense coding bootcamp, you will need to be able to commit full time to the course in order to excel and secure a job as a junior developer upon completion
– Problem solving/critical thinking – ability to think about a problem you have clearly and plan solutions to that problem
– Communication – you must have the ability to clearly summarise a problem you are experiencing so that you ask for the most appropriate guidance from teachers & peers
– Good time management skills and an ability to deal with pressure
– Teamwork– an opinion/understanding of how effective teamwork can produce results and enhance your own skill set
– Give/take feedback– you must have an awareness of how valuable feedback is to both yourself and others when used in the right way.