Investment Graduate Scheme in London with Ruffer, a client-centric Investment Management Firm
Curious graduates are wanted for the Front Office investment graduate scheme with world-leading investment management firm Ruffer. This innovative company is the perfect place to kick-start your career in investment management whilst getting the opportunity to complete professional qualifications. All degrees are welcome!
Company: Investment House with £22.4bn in assets under management
Role: Front Office Graduate Trainee
Salary: £Competitive, Discretionary bonus
Start Date: September 2021
Degrees Accepted: Any degree accepted
Deadline: 15th June
*You can be from any degree background to apply for this scheme; however, you MUST have achieved a minimum of a 2.1!
Who is the company?
– Their clients are the absolute focus of everything Ruffer does.
– Their aim is to deliver positive results regardless of how the financial markets are performing, and they pride themselves on being a vibrant, all-inclusive, forward-thinking company.
– The open-plan offices, flat hierarchical structure and collaborative culture empower employees to make the best decisions for their clients.
What is the role?
The graduate trainee will support the Front Office team to effectively service clients and manage client portfolios through the investment management process. This role is unique, as you don’t have to pick between being a client relationship manager and managing portfolios, unlike other firms. This makes every day different and will allow you to become a well-rounded investment professional.
Under supervision from the Investment Director, you will:
– Gain an understanding of the client types, structures and the individual backgrounds of the team’s clients.
– Provide support to the Investment Directors in all aspects of the client relationship.
– Prepare materials and documents for client meetings in line with the firms’ standards.
– Communicate with clients to respond and deal with day to day queries where appropriate e.g. payment requests, account restructures, performance and portfolio or market updates.
– Work with the team to support production of audit packs & tax planning activity.
– Assist in the production of timely quarterly and bespoke client reporting.
– Learn about financial markets and its impact on the firm and clients.
– Assist the team in ensuring all investment positions are monitored and action taken in light of market movements, team/firm investment decisions, or other changes in investment strategy.
– Develop, operate and maintain an understanding of core investment management systems.
– Attend and input, as relevant, at internal investment and stock selection meetings.
Why should you apply?
– Competitive starting salary with a discretionary, annual bonus.
– All qualifications fully funded and supported (for example, IMC).
– Full use of internal and external training platforms (both technical skills and personal development).
– Flat hierarchical structure with an open-office floor plan – no closed office doors here!
– Very healthy company with fresh fruit, office yoga and Pilates, as well as cricket, football and tennis teams and fun exercise boot-camps in Green Park (optional of course)!
– Regular acupressure massages as well as private travel and medical insurance.
Who is best suited to this role?
In order to apply, you must:
– Have achieved or be on track for at least a 2:1 in ANY degree subject.
– Have a high standard of IT literacy (MS Office, Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
– Have the potential and curiosity to learn more about the investment management industry.
– Display clarity of thought, as well as strong attention to detail.
– Be able to maintain high standards of accuracy and demonstrate initiative & self-discipline.
– Have the full right to work in the UK.
It only takes 30 seconds to register your interest in these roles, and we’ll support you throughout the full application process.