Commercial placement and 13-week coding course with futureproof – Your future in tech starts here – July 2021 Start!
We’re delighted to introduce you to our partner, futureproof. They offer a free software engineering course followed by a paid 2-year commercial placement aiming to make careers in technology as accessible as possible.
Their 13-week intense bootcamp is designed to equip you with the knowledge and skills you need to kick start your career in tech. They’re looking for curious individuals from all backgrounds to join them in July 2021. You don’t need experience, just a genuine interest in technology and a desire to learn, as well as an ambition to work in technology with the aim of being enrolled on to a 2-year commercial placement once you complete the course. Applications to join their July cohort are now open – don’t miss this opportunity to fast-track your future in tech…
Locations: Central London
Training course: 13-week free coding course
Salary: Could result in a 2-year placement with starting salary of £30,000
Start Date: July 2021
Degrees accepted: All degrees, however, there is a preference for Tech/STEM subjects
Deadline: 7th May
We welcome applications from all backgrounds; however, you MUST have a passion for technology. We are interested in speaking with career changers and those with substantial work experience.
Who is the company?
– futureproof is a free coding school designed to empower the next generation of technology professionals.
– Their greatest strength is providing high quality training and partnering with companies where associates will thrive.
– Their focus is on helping to place highly motivated individuals where they will do best.
What is the training course?
– This is a 13-week training course followed-up with a 2-year commercial placement.
– You’ll learn how to work in an agile environment, you’ll be taught the how, what and why of code.
– You’ll learn business skills so you can connect your code to the commercial realities of work.
– This intense course will utilise assignments, assessments, group projects and more to ensure you’re learning full stack web development effectively.
– After 13 weeks of learning there is potential to land a 2-year placement in technology which futureproof will help you find.
– As part of your course, you’ll need to come into the training centre in Westminster.
Why should you apply?
– It’s free – unlike some other routes, you pay no fees for your training and could land a 2-year commercial placement upon completion of the course.
– Personalised support throughout your 2-year placement – you’ll be supported by incredible teachers, industry experts, and an outstanding community of learners and alumni.
– Develop soft skills for the future – you’ll learn key skills including problem-solving, presentation techniques and resilience.
– Learn from the best – your teachers know what it takes to go from good to great and you’ll hear from industry-leading speakers, giving you a cutting-edge insight into the world of tech.
– Supercharge your CV – you’ll develop your skills as a software engineer with the potential of stepping straight into a role to launch your career in Technology. This programme will open doors to many opportunities in tech!
Who is best suited to this role?
– You can be from any background to apply; however, they are looking for those with technical aptitude.
– We are looking for candidates who can commit to the 13-weeks of the coding course, and the 2-year placement. Those that are looking for a career change are particularly encouraged to apply.
– We are looking for those that have spent a considerable amount of free time to understand coding basics, and used resources like udemy, freecodecamp & Code academy.
– If you are curious, organised, enthusiastic, driven, resilient, reflective, inclusive, and collaborative we’d love to hear from you.
– Resilience – not giving up at the first hurdle and being curious and resilient enough to push yourself in challenging scenarios.
– Commitment – as an intense coding bootcamp, you will need to be able to commit full time to the course in order to excel and secure a job as a junior developer upon completion.
– Problem solving/critical thinking – ability to think about a problem you have clearly and plan solutions to that problem.
– Communication – you must have the ability to clearly summarise a problem you are experiencing so that you ask for the most appropriate guidance from teachers & peers.
– Good time management skills and an ability to deal with pressure.
– Teamwork– an opinion/understanding of how effective teamwork can produce results and enhance your own skill set.
– Give/take feedback– you must have an awareness of how valuable feedback is to both yourself and others when used in the right way.
We’ve already placed associates with:
Coca Cola, Babylon Health, Zego, OVO (Kaluza), Argus Media, CCS – Defence Infrastructure Organisation, C Hoare & Co, Comparison Tech, BMI, Capital One
It only takes 30 seconds to register your interest in this training scheme, and we’ll support you throughout the full application process.
*If you need any financial support to be able to enrol to this programme, please feel free to reach out to us so we can discuss how you could possibly access the programme.