Are you looking for a 12-month placement for 2021/22? Do you want real responsibility with the chance to influence the composition and production of household name coffee brands including Tassimo, Kenco, L’Or and Jacobs?
JDE is home to some of the most well-known coffee brands in the world. To date, their coffee and tea portfolio is available in over 140 countries and includes iconic household names such as Kenco, L’Or, Tassimo and Douwe Egberts. They’ve built their business on the belief that everyone deserves the coffee they love – no matter who you are, where you live or how you take it.
Company: Jacobs Douwe Egberts
Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire
Roles: 12-month Year in Industry Placements
Salary: £18,500 + £1,000 sign-on bonus
Start Date: July 2021
Deadline: 31st October
Who is the company?
– JDE is a €5 billion global business with around 15,000 associates based in 28 different countries, selling their brands in over 100 different countries around the world.
– Formed in 2015, JDE retains a start-up feel containing some of the leading brands in the Coffee and Tea industry including – Kenco, L’OR, Tassimo and Douwe Egberts to name a few.
– JDE UK is headquartered in Banbury, Oxfordshire, which is one of JDE’s global ‘Power Plants’ responsible for producing 20,000 tonnes of coffee per year across 9 production lines.
– The UK represents a top 5 global market for JDE and continues to be a growth engine for the category, driving premiumisation by leading the single-serve partition with the Tassimo brand and premiumising the instant coffee segment through Kenco, L’OR and the Douwe Egberts brands.
– JDE believes amazing things can happen over a cup of coffee and with values including Entrepreneurship, Solidarity, Accountability, Simplicity and Discipline, working at JDE offers you an exciting opportunity to make an impact in the world’s largest pure play coffee company.
– JDE’s goal is simple but ambitious – a coffee for every cup.
“Everyone deserves the coffee they love.”
Which role is right for me?
Role: R&D, Instant and Mixes Product Dev
Subjects: Food Science/Food Engineering
Day-to-day: As an intern in the Instant portfolio development team, you will be working within the team with a focus on delivering your own student project(s), supporting fast paced product development projects and playing a key role to support team members.
Role: R&D, Tassimo Single Serve
Subjects: Food Science/Food Engineering
Day-to-day: Within this internship you will have the opportunity to work with the products of the most well-known coffee brands in the world – Tassimo. Tassimo is our proprietary single serve multi drink system, established in the market for over 15 years, and is one of the largest global brands at JDE.
Role: R&D, Dairy Ingredients
Subjects: Food Science/ Chemical Engineering or Dairy Ingredient
The role is primarily to determine and investigate product or process solutions within the field of Coffee and/or Dairy. This role supports programmes that deliver understanding to unlock end to end value, co-create and enable new consumer experiences and protect future processing potential, delivering business growth or cost savings.
Role: R&D, Sensory Method Development and Validation
Subjects: Food Science
Day-to-day: As Consumer Science is a cross functional team, this role will offer the opportunity to support project work across many different categories utilizing many of the sensory tools (i.e. Discrimination, Descriptive, Qualitative Napping). You will generally collaborate with the CS category lead and product development partners to produce actionable results.
Who is best suited to these roles?
– We are looking for bright and enthusiastic students who can work well in a team and are willing to get stuck in.
– You must be an undergraduate looking for a 12-month Year in Industry placement from July 2021 to July 2022.
Why should you apply?
– Travel: JDE provides awesome opportunities to travel. Last year around half the placement students travelled abroad.
– Fantastic perks: 25 days holiday, free hot beverages (not just coffee!) and even Barista training!
– Student Charity Committee: Every Friday all the placement students get together for a fun charity meeting. Last year their charity work raised over £30,000 in total.
– Culture: At JDE they have a friendly, hands-on environment where everyone is encouraged to contribute, and all opinions are valued. There is also a strong mentoring programme and you will be periodically reporting to senior business stakeholders and interacting with other placement students.
– Corporate Social Responsibility: From sourcing ingredients responsibly with internationally recognised standards, to partnering directly with suppliers to improve working conditions and protect natural resources, and aiming to make all manufacturing sites landfill free by 2020, at JDE they are driven by their passion for coffee & tea, care for people and respect for the environment.
It only takes 30 seconds to register your interest in these roles, and we’ll support you throughout the full application process. One application will consider you for all roles and you will be able to decide which role you are interested in after you have submitted your application!