Company: London Gatwick Airport
Location: Horley, Gatwick
Role: Engineering (Sustainability) Graduate Programme
Start Dates: September 2024
Assessment Centres/Final Stage: 1st Stage screening call followed by an in-person assessment centre in February 2024.
Have you graduated in 2023 with a 2:1 or above (or projected for 2024) and have an interest in Engineering, Sustainability, Science, Utilities and Services?
What is the Programme?
This 2-year role is focused on our decade of change objectives. Net Zero ambitions and is responsible for supporting the Principal Engineering team with particular focus within the Utilities/Energy and Environmental/Water disciplines. Focusing on the corporate sustainability goals, reporting and compliance with environmental legislation.
Part of the programme will include a leadership development module with the other graduates and a dedicated coach (a senior leader from the business) to help build resilience in the workplace.
What will you do?
- Assist in advising London Gatwick Airport’s development/project teams on BREEAM (Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Methodology) assessments and energy performance metrics.
- Assist in managing water infrastructure and pollution control systems including implementing mitigation measures.
- Influencing and implementing best practice energy and water management practices across London Gatwick Airport to ensure the operational efficient use of energy and water resources.
- Support the collation of corporate sustainability reporting data and maintain the auditable integrity of the data.
- Support London Gatwick Airport to operate in compliance with environmental legislation in relation to energy and water usage requirements.
- Assist in managing multiple consultant workstreams to develop strategic project programmes.
- Provide guidance and ‘latest thinking’ advice to include life-cycle analysis and circular economy processing.
What will you gain?
- A competitive salary with a £2,000 welcome bonus, £500 flex allowance plus bonus & benefits. (25 Days annual leave + bank holidays, company pension scheme, free staff parking, private medical cover plus many more).
- A Leadership Development programme that builds on your commercial awareness, sense of self, coaching skills and scope to grow your career further.
- An understanding of Aviation and its impact on the economy, including sustainability and commerciality.
- An understanding of utilities and services, working with technical professionals across disciplines.
- Basic overview of Statutory Regulations, British Standards and industry best practice.
- Understanding of the requirements for the successful participation, planning and implementation of minor project works.
Do you have what we’re looking for?
- Minimum 2:1 degree in a relevant Engineering / Science degree (graduated 2023 or projected for 2024).
- Logical thinker with an aptitude for problem-solving.
- Ability to prioritise and work at pace
- Ability to build good relationships and influence across the Airport.
- Tenacious, naturally inquisitive and curious to find a better way.
- Ability to communicate technical data to a variety of audiences.
- Team working- you’ll enjoy working in a team environment, sharing ideas, and collaborating with colleagues as well as other graduates.
We prioritise the professional growth of our employees and provide opportunities for people to continue their journey through ongoing development and support along with a total reward package that recognises your contribution.
We are committed to reflecting the diversity of our local community and the passengers we serve. We value an environment where everyone feels comfortable, respected, and empowered to be their authentic selves. As an equitable, diverse, and inclusive employer, we encourage different perspectives that redefine what’s possible. Together, we form a strong and united team.
Does this sound like you? Join the adventure! Click apply and complete your application.
Make sure to select Sanctuary Graduates in the ‘How did you hear about us?’ section.