Company: PrepWorld Ltd
Role: Food Technologist
Location: Northfleet, Kent
Salary: £30,000 – £32,000
Start Date: ASAP
Who is the company?
- PrepWorld specialises in delivering convenient, seasonal fresh fruit packs to market, including difficult to procure and process fruits. They put their customers at the centre of all their decisions. They do this by having the best-in-class market insights, allowing them to bring new products and mixes to retailer shelves, like M&S, Tesco and more!
- PrepWorld strive to remodel, exceed quality and compliance expectations. They have been recognised with several awards during their time with plans to keep growing and impressing.
- Known for their diverse range of cultural backgrounds and an approach filled with passion, care, and a sense of fun. Their pride in people and products, is underpinned by their family values of respecting, supporting and empowering colleagues, customers, suppliers, or their partners.
- Their culture is rooted in innovation, quality, and community placing customers at the heart of their business. A motto of Fresh Cut, Fresh Thinking epitomises their ways of working, driving and embracing change with a can-do attitude.
What is the role?
- You will represent PrepWorld in meetings, conferences, benchmarking, visits, audits and other customer events.
- Proactively engage with teams across the business to ensure continuous and mutually beneficial development of retailer accounts.
- Ensure there is adequate provision of technical support to the factory.
- Ensure retailer online portals/systems are maintained with accuracy.
- Manage the investigation process into product rejections and complaints.
- Produce corrective action plans and ensure implementation.
- Produce KPI reports to comply with retailer requirements.
- Ensure all technical activities required to launch NPD / EPD are completed within the required timeframe.
- Manage the writing of specifications, artwork approval, pre-production trials and other key NPD activities.
- Proactively engage in site-wide initiatives and projects to improve quality and shelf life.
- Understand and pre-empt quality issues by conducting store visits and providing feedback to the factory.
- Manage and support with the creation and maintenance of customer quality standards and ensure their content is accurate and achievable.
- Work with the wider team to implement corrective actions in light of any quality issues found either internally or by the retailer.
Why should you apply?
- Medicash, which is an allowance to cover costs such as dental and optical bills, physiotherapy, alternative therapies, and even consultancy charges – available for employees and their families)
- Wagestream (track your earnings and instantly access up to 50% of your money as you earn it, without waiting for payday)
- On-site parking with electric charge points.
- Fully paid for, Staff events.
- Staff restaurant serving heavily subsidised hot and cold meals.
- 33 days of annual holiday per year.
- Brand new offices.
- A helpful and supportive team.
- Learning and development opportunities.
Who is best suited to this role?
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelors or Masters in Food technology, Food Science or related degrees (min 2.1 or above).
- You should have real time working experience in the Fast-Moving Consumer Goods sector.
- You should have resilience and be an innovative thinker who is able to take initiative and be proactive.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a factory-based food technical role.
- You must be resilient, analytical and can converse to all members of the company in a professional manner.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- You must have Full unrestricted right to work in the UK. (including post grad visa’s)
- You should be a dynamic and committed individual who is seeking a long- term career within this role.
Click here to apply now!
It only takes 30 seconds to register your interest in these roles, and we’ll support you throughout the full application process.