Company: PrepWorld Ltd
Role: Food Technologist
Location: Northfleet, Kent
Salary: £27,000 – £31,000
Start Date: ASAP
Who is the company?
- PrepWorld specialises in delivering convenient, seasonal fresh fruit packs to market, including difficult to procure and process fruits. They put their customers at the centre of all their decisions. They do this by having the best-in-class market insights, allowing them to bring new products and mixes to retailer shelves, like M&S, Tesco and more!
- PrepWorld strive to remodel, exceed quality and compliance expectations. They have been recognised with several awards during their time with plans to keep growing and impressing.
- Known for their diverse range of cultural backgrounds and an approach filled with passion, care, and a sense of fun. Their pride in people and products, is underpinned by their family values of respecting, supporting and empowering colleagues, customers, suppliers, or their partners.
- Their culture is rooted in innovation, quality, and community placing customers at the heart of their business. A motto of Fresh Cut, Fresh Thinking™ epitomises their ways of working, driving and embracing change with a can-do attitude.
What is the role?
- Lead and support New Product Development (NPD) for designated and additional accounts.
- Collaborate across teams for customer briefs, tenders, and ensure timely task completion.
- Oversee the consumer-packaged goods process, including relevant documentation.
- Coordinate product development from concept to launch, ensuring team alignment.
- Assist in sample creation and trial support across various PrepWorld functions.
- Manage NPD sampling, focusing on quality and coordination with relevant managers.
- Liaise for sourcing raw materials, raise dummy orders, and check product quality.
- Attend and support pre-production trials, write reports, and ensure standard compliance.
- Control NPD documentation, track project progress, and lead meetings as needed.
- Manage development process timelines, from concept to handover.
- Plan and oversee department workload, ensuring all deliverables meet standards.
- Collaborate with Procurement and Technical teams on new fruit trials.
- Support internal and external NPD projects, including document revision and pre-artwork meetings.
- Write product submissions, cover HACCP meetings, and assist in large projects.
- Conduct store visits, report findings, and stay updated on fruit trends.
Why should you apply?
- Medicash, which is an allowance to cover costs such as dental and optical bills, physiotherapy, alternative therapies, and even consultancy charges – available for employees and their families)
- Wagestream (track your earnings and instantly access up to 50% of your money as you earn it, without waiting for payday)
- On-site parking with electric charge points.
- Fully paid for, Staff events.
- Staff restaurant serving heavily subsidised hot and cold meals.
- 33 days of annual holiday per year.
- Brand new offices.
- A helpful and supportive team.
- Learning and development opportunities.
Who is best suited to this role?
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelors in any related degrees (min 2.1 or above).
- Manufacturing experience and working knowledge of retailer requirements for sample submissions will be favorable.
- You must have good interpersonal skills and communication, comfortable working cross functionally at all levels
- You should have resilience and be an innovative thinker who is able to take initiative and be proactive.
- You must be resilient, analytical and can converse to all members of the company in a professional manner.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- You must have a full UK Driving License and access to a car
- You must have Full unrestricted right to work in the UK. (including post grad visa’s)
- You should be a dynamic and committed individual who is seeking a long- term career within this role.
It only takes 30 seconds to register your interest in these roles, and we’ll support you throughout the full application process.